Other names: Crataegus oxyacantha extract,Fructus crataegi extract,Maybush extract
Botanical Source: Crataegus pinnatifida Bge. var.major N. E. Br.
Specifications: 10:1 15:1 20:1; Vitexin1% -2% By HPLC; Flavonoids5% 20% By UV
Molecular Formula: C27H30O14
Molecular Weight: 578.5187
Melting Point: 215ºC
Hawthorne Berry Extract is made from the tiny red berries that grow on the Hawthorne shrub (Crataegus oxyacantha). Hawthorne berriesas well as the leaves and flowershave been used in traditional medical systems since ancient times.Hawthorne berry extract is widely used as a heart tonic, particularly in Europe.
It is taken orally to relieve chronic heart conditions--primarily congestive heart failure, but also angina and arrhythmias. Chemicals in it may act directly on the heart muscle to increase the force of heartbeats and on the blood vessels to relax the arteries around the heart. It may also lengthen the time that the heart rests between beats. It may also work indirectly by widening blood vessels close to the surface of the skin. As a result, it may also help to lower blood pressure. Due to its multiple effects on the heart, it should not be taken before its use has been discussed with a doctor.
Hawthorn (Crataegus Oxyacantha) is known as a botanical heart tonic and is recommended for irregular heartbeat, congestive heart failure, high cholesterol, nervous disorders, insomnia and Raynaud's Syndrome.
(1) Dilating coronary artery, improving myocardial blood and decreasing myocardium oxygen consumption, thus preventing ischemic heart disease.
(2) Inhibiting thyroid peroxidase, anticancer and antibacterial.
(3) Decreasing blood lipid, inhibiting platelet aggregation and spasmolysis
(4) Scavenging free radicals and enhancing the immunity.
(5) Treating coronary heart disease and angina pectoris
(5) The function of strengthening stomach, promoting digestion and preventing postpartum syndrome.