Holy Basil Extract
Latin Name: Ocimum tenuiflorum L.
Specification 10: 1 ,20:1
Botanical Source: Ocimum tenuiflorum
Form: Brown Yellow Powder
Part Used: Whole plant
Ocimum sanctum Extract is derived form the plant of Ocimum sanctum belonging to family Labiatae. Hindus regard it as an earthly manifestation of goddess Vrindavani, who is dear to Lord Vishnu.
It has been widely grown throughout the world and commonly cultivated in gardens. Traditionally Ocimum sanctum is used in malarial fevers, gastric disorders and in hepatic infections.
Ocimum sanctum leaves is also used in bronchitis, ringworm and other cutaneous diseases and earache. The leaves are used as a nerve tonic and to sharpen memory. Ocimum sanctum leaves are abundant in tannins like gallic acid, chlorogenic acid etc and also contain alkaloids, glycosides, and saponins along with the volatile oil. The major active constituents of Holy basil leaves include urosolic acid.
Preclinical and clinical studies have also proved the well known antistress and immunostimulant property of Ocimum sanctum. A study supporting this involved the evaluation of the effect of Ocimum sanctum extract, on the mouse swimming performance.
1. Remove parasites, bees or New Orleans venom
2. Cure acne, treatment, bruises, cuts
3. It has a variety of antibacterial, resistance to pressure and antimicrobial resistance properties
4. Root can be used for heating, a bee sting, and insect bites
5. Other uses including treatment stomach, and motion sickness, stomach and GanBu discomfort, diarrhea and vomiting
|Analysis Items||Specifications||Results|| Methods used|
|Appearance||Brown yellow powder||Conforms||Visual test|
|Odor & Taste||Characteristic||Conforms||Organoleptic test|
|Bulk Density||45-55g/100ml||Conforms||ASTM D1895B|
|Particle Size||98% through 80 Mesh||Conforms||AOAC 973.03|
|Loss on Drying||NMT 5.0%||3.64%||USP|
|Ash Content||NMT 5.0%||2.28%||2g /525ºC /3hrs|
|Heavy Metals||NMT 10ppm||Conforms||Atomic Absorption|
|Arsenic (As)||NMT 2ppm||Conforms||Atomic Absorption|
|Lead (Pb)||NMT 2ppm||Conforms||Atomic Absorption|
|Cadmium (Cd)||NMT 1ppm||Conforms||Atomic Absorption|
|Mercury (Hg)||NMT 0.2ppm||Conforms||Atomic Absorption|
|Sterilization Method||High temperature & pressure for a short time of 5~10 seconds|
|Microbiological Data||Total Plate Count < 1,000 cfu/g||Conforms||GB 4789.2|
|Total Yeast & Mold < 100cfu/g||Conforms||GB 4789.15|
|E. Coli to be absent||Absent||GB 4789.3|
|Staphylococcus to be absent||Absent||GB 4789.10|
|Salmonella to be absent||Absent||GB 4789.4|
|Packing and Storage||Packed in fiber drum, LDPE bag inside. Net weight: 25kgs/drum.|
|Keep tightly sealed, store away from moisture, strong heat and sunlight.|
|Shelf Life||2 years if sealed and stored in the recommended conditions.|
Welcome to visit us at the following exibitions in 2017:
1. Incos Korea 2017 (Seoul, Korea): Jun. 20th-22th, Booth No.: M19
2. SupplySide West 2017 (Las Vegas, US): Sep. 27th-28th, Booth No.: V141.
* Herbal oil
*Vegetable & Fruit powder
*Vitamin & Mineral
*Food Supplement Application
- We can also customize orders as customer's requirements and specifications.
- KINGHERBS' is specialized in manufacturing and exporting different kinds of food industry related goods, such as Artemisinin, Myricetin, Olive Leaf Extract Oleuropein 10%~80%, Hydroxytyrosol 5%-50%;
Olive Fruit Extract Maslinic Acid 5%~50% ; Dihydromyricetin, Sea Buckthorn Oil, Zinger Zerumbet Extract
Fenugreek Seed Extract Furostanol Saponins 50%, Apple Root extract, Rosemary Extract Rosmarinic Acid 2%~98%, Carnosic Acid 5%~80% etc
- With the effective exporting system and prompt reaction, we ensure that we can transfer the shipping documents and deliver our cargoes on time.
Q1. About Price:
The price is negotiable. It can be changed according to your quantity or package.
Q2. About Sample:
We can provide the typical size of samples, but the air freight is collect or you pay us the cost in advance.
Q3. About MOQ:
We have no provisions of MOQ, but usually 1KG.
Q4:About Delivery Time
Usually 5-10 days after payment
Office: 27Fl, Blding A, Cimen, Wanjiali Rd, Changsha 410014, Hunan, China
Tel: +86-138748 61871 , +86 731 89865683;
Fax: +86 731 89865681